The first season of The Matt Diaries introduces us to Matt Donovan, who left his supernatural life behind in Mystic Falls and now lives a normal life in Florida. As the season evolves he gets sucked back into the supernatural world, constantly trying to escape what is after him. It consists of my own storylines and starts in 2014.
The show takes place five years after Graduation happened on The Vampire Diaries. It completely ignores everything after the Season Four finale and the spin-off series The Originals. Nevertheless all storylines of TVD will be resolved at some point. The series is based on an idea that was planned to happen in Season One of TVD.
- The spin-off has its own storylines but will revisit everything that happened on The Vampire Diaries.
- There will be flashbacks showing what happened to certain characters in the last five years.
- The first season will consist of 13 episodes. This decision was made to make one season shorter and have better plotlines and less filler episodes.
- The series revolves around Zach Roerig's character Matt Donovan, who left Mystic Falls years ago.
- It is confirmed that Candice Accola and Paul Wesley will reprise their roles as Caroline Forbes and Stefan Salvatore.
- Melinda Clarke will return as Matt's mother Kelly Donovan.
- The rest of the main cast consists of Minka Kelly, Jarod Joseph and Brian Krause. Not much is known about their roles.
- Other old cast members could return for recurring or guest appearances.
- The first episode will feature some flashbacks to the summer after Graduation, featuring Matt and Rebekah
- Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
- Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes
- Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
- Minka Kelly as Mary
- Jarod Joseph as Sonny
- with Melinda Clarke as Kelly Donovan
- and Brian Krause as Thomas
- Marguerite MacIntyre as Elizabeth Forbes
- Brittany Snow as Mia
|[[Image:|150px]]||Death Is Only The Beginning||Writer: TheMattDiaries||Director: TheMattDiaries||TBA||#1|
|This is the first episode of The Matt Diaries.|